- Pool and Spa
- Well Pump
- Septic System
Cover Your Assets (CYA) Home Warranty Review
CYA offers one of the most flexible home warranty coverages available in the US today. Customers have the option to cover individual electronic items, whole home systems and appliances, and everything in between. CYA has a large number of contractors available thanks to its factory-authorized service network, which ensures that the work undertaken will be of the highest quality.
Cover Your Assets (CYA) Home Warranty Highlights
Within 5 days of reporting an issue
varies based on specific items. it can range from $500 for appliances to $2,500 for systems. each cap is stated in the contract.
$89 - $149
Multiple bundle and save options are available
Appliances, systems, whole home lifestyle (tvs, cell phones, computers, electronic devices), platinum (a mixture of appliances and electronics), gold (a reduced variety of appliances and electronics), kitchen, laundry, individual items
Pros & Cons
- 5-day repair or refund guarantee on all claims
- 30-day labor guarantee on work performed
- A huge range of coverage options are available
- No home inspection required
- More expensive than average service fees
- Not available in all states
- The exclusion list will exclude a large number of items that are damaged from coverage
- Whole home
- Intentional damage
- Lost or stolen products
- Wilful damage
- Misuse of items
- Damage caused by neglect
- Damage caused by a drop greater than 6 feet
- Fire damage
- Water immersion damage
- Modified products
- Products not used in their intended capacity
- Acts of God
- Damage caused by an animal
Plans & Pricing
CYA offers 8 different home warranty coverage bundles:
- Appliances: The appliances bundle covers 10 major appliances that you choose to include within the coverage. This bundle costs $49.99 per month and incurs a service charge of $125 per call out.
- Systems: The systems bundle covers 11 items – Air conditioning with ductwork, heating with ductwork, electrical, doorbells, smoke detectors, ceiling fans, plumbing, water heaters, garbage disposal, instant water dispenser, and central vacuums. This bundle costs $54.99 per month and also incurs a service charge of $125.
- Whole Home: This combines the coverage offered by the Appliances and Systems bundles for the reduced rate of $79.99.
- Lifestyle: The Lifestyle bundle is the most expensive coverage option from CYA. This includes 26 items, including 10 specified household appliances of your choosing, 5 TVs, 5 cell phones, 3 computers, and 3 electronic items. The Lifestyle bundle costs $110.74 a month, with call-outs for major appliances and TVs costing $149 and other items costing $89 for a service call.
- Platinum: The Platinum bundle is similar to the lifestyle bundle, offering 18 items, including 8 appliances, 4 TVs, 4 cell phones, 1 computer, and 1 electronic item. This package costs $80.82 a month, with service charges the same as the Platinum Coverage.
- Gold: This versatile entry range option covers 6 appliances, 2 TVs, 3 cell phones, 1 computer, and 1 electronic item. The cost is $58.87 a month with the same service fees and the Platinum and Gold packages.
- Kitchen: This no-frills package covers 5 kitchen appliances of your choosing for $27.95 a month. Each service call-out will cost $149.
- Laundry: The Laundry bundle covers your clothes washer and clothes dryer for $12.98 a month and has a $149 service charge if a contractor is called out.
In addition to the bundles, the following individual items are available for coverage. Service fees charged vary by item from $89 to $180, so check this before you purchase the coverage. All prices listed below represent the monthly fee payable. There is a discount available if multiple individual items are added for coverage.
- Major household appliance – $6.99
- Furniture – $3.99
- Smartphone – $6.99
- Tablet – $4.99
- Television – $6.99
- Computer – $5.99
- Smartwatch – $2.99
- Exercise equipment – $9.99
- Patio furniture – $4.99
- Video game system – $4.99
- Electronics – $2.99
- Camera – $6.99
- Drone – $8.99
- Camera lens – $6.99
- Co9mmercial appliance – $9.99
- eBike – $8.99
Basic pricing is very transparent on the CYA website, but service fees/deductibles vary per coverage item and cannot be viewed until the desired package has been selected.
Each item can be covered monthly or annually, with a discount available if you purchase annual coverage. A home inspection is not required to take out coverage with CYA.
Service fees, or deductibles, are charged before a contractor is sent to visit your home. Unlike the coverage pricing, service fees charged are not readily available on the CYA website. Service fees charged range from $89 to $180, which is more expensive than the industry average of $75-$100.
Payout caps vary depending on the item that is covered. Payout caps range from $2,500 for major systems, $2,000 for major appliances, and $1,500 for well pumps. Full terms and payout caps will be listed in your contract when you take out coverage with CYA, so inspect this carefully before you complete your order.
How to Get Started Cover Your Assets (CYA)
Note that any items that break within the first 30 days of taking out the coverage are not included within the coverage purchased, as they are deemed pre-existing. While the process was straightforward, the monthly charge and service fees were less competitive than other home warranty providers.
Available in all states
Privacy & Security
You can contact CYA via phone, email, live chat, or by requesting a callback. We decided to request a callback, as a good test of customer service is checking if a company will contact you at the time that you request. We were pleasantly surprised when a customer representative called us at the exact time requested. We asked about CYA’s exclusions list and any other reasons why CYA would not provide coverage for an item. This was provided quickly by the customer care agent in a professional manner.
CYA is an excellent choice if there are specific electronic items that you want to be covered in addition to the usual household items covered by home warranty providers. It is worth noting that CYA’s list of exclusions is quite long, so we would recommend that you review these prior to taking out any coverage. That way, you’ll know exactly what is and what isn’t covered. Additionally, service fees charged are higher than average.
Cover Your Assets (CYA) Disclaimer
We are not responsible if the information made available on this site is not accurate, complete, or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only. It should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, complete, or timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the service.