Top Boat Loan Providers
If you want to sail through healthy financial waters, taking out a Boat Purchase personal loan at the lowest APR will give you the ability to enjoy your free time on the water that much more. A Boat Purchase personal loan will allow you to finance the boat of your dreams, or any other type of watercraft, conveniently and easily.
What Is a Boat Purchase Personal Loan?
A Boat Purchase personal loan represents an installment loan that may run from 2 to 7 years. When applied online, this type of loan is not backed by the boat to secure it. Therefore, it represents an unsecured lending product. Also, because the lender uses the borrower’s credit score to approve the financing, the interest rates are generally higher.
Secured boat loans are backed by the boat itself. Therefore, if you default on the loan, the lender can take the boat to recoup the loan principal and interest. A secured loan works best for the borrower who cannot qualify for a personal unsecured loan who wants to receive a higher loan amount and is comfortable with the risk related to taking out a secured or collateralized loan.
Therefore, when you obtain a Boat Purchase personal loan online, you will not use any collateral to secure the funding. Because the financing is not backed by collateral, your rates, as mentioned, will be a little higher and you will receive shorter loan terms. Depending on your credit score, the APR for a Boat Purchase personal loan can range from 6% to 20% on average. Plus, you do not need to have a perfect credit rating to secure this type of loan product.
Boat Purchase Loan – How to Get Started
To apply for a Boat Purchase personal loan, you will need to take the following steps:
- Check Your Credit Score. When you apply for any type of personal loan online, you need to review your credit score first through the 3 credit bureaus, as most Boat Purchase unsecured loans are based on your credit score. Obtaining your credit score will also assist you in determining the best APR for your credit rating.
- Select Your Loan Type. Some companies specialize in Boat Purchase loans, so it is better to go through them if you want the best rates for funding.
- Get Prequalified for Boat Purchase financing. When you choose several lending providers you like, you will need to get prequalified next. Doing so will give you the repayment details and terms for your Boat Purchase online personal loan.
- Compare the Lenders. After you have had a chance to get prequalified through different lenders, you can review their Boat Purchase terms and APRS, and see which one fits best with your lending or personal budget requirements. For a Boat Purchase personal loan, try to stick with a lender that offers the lowest APR and features the least amount in fees.
- Supply the Necessary Info and Documents. When you choose a lender, you will need to provide the required loan documentation and information. In this case, you need to supply the following details and documents:
- Personal Identification (Social security card, passport, or driver’s license)
- Proof of earnings or income (W-2s, paystubs, or filed tax returns)
- Employer information (Name of company, manager’s name, and phone number and address)
- Proof of residence (utility bill with your name and address or a lease agreement
- Apply for the Loan and Start Making Payments. After you apply for your Boat Purchase personal loan and start making payments, you might add some extra money to each payment each month to repay the loan faster. Doing so will make the loan repayment easier and faster.
Boat Purchase Loan Funding – What You Need to Know
To take out a Boat Purchase personal loan, you should be aware of the following terms:
- Recreational Loan – A Type of personal loan, used for obtaining a boat purchase, other watercraft, or recreational vehicle (RV).
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) – The rate of interest charged on a Boat Purchase personal loan, expressed at a yearly rate.
- Application Fee – The amount a lender charges for processing a Boat Purchase application and the related documents. These fees are usually non-refundable and may or may not be included in processing a personal loan.
- Debt-to-Available Credit Ratio – When considering you for a Boat Purchase loan, a lender may look at your debt-to-available credit details. This represents the money you owe compared to the credit available through credit lines and credit cards. Therefore, the debt-to-available credit ratio is a gauge of how much available credit you are using. The higher this percentage, the riskier you appear to a lender.
- Debt-to-Income Ratio – The percent of your monthly pre-tax income that is being used to pay off debts, such as auto loans, credit cards, and student loans. Lenders assess 2 ratios. The first ratio is a front-end ratio or the percent of monthly pretax earnings spent on housing. The second percent is a back-end ratio, or a borrower’s other debts factored into the housing payments.
- Late fee – A fee charged to loan customers who pay a payment late or pay less than the required monthly amount. Late payment charges for late fees can range from $10 to $50.
- Late Payment – A delinquent payment or a failure to pay on a loan before the agreed date. A late payment can hurt your credit score for as long as 7 years.
- Lender – The financial institution that provides a loan.
- Net Income – Your income after taxes have been deducted. It is also called your take-home pay.
- Prepayment Penalty – A fee charged by a lender when a borrower pays off a loan before its scheduled term. Usually, prepayment penalties are not applied by standard lenders. If you are taking out a subprime loan, you need to read the loan terms carefully, as this fee may be applied.
- Repossession – The act of reclaiming property when a loan is significantly in default or overdue. This term applies to Boat Purchase secured loans – or personal Boat Purchase loans that are secured by the boat as collateral for the debt. That is why it is best to take out a Boat Purchase loan online that is unsecured. It is a less risky form of financing.
Recommended Boat Purchase Loan Lenders
SoFi (pronounced SEW-fi, which stands for Social Finance) provides an easy-to-fill-out application and user-friendly website. Their low-fee personal loans make them a strong choice under the Boat Purchase loan category. You will also like SoFi’s unemployment feature, which allows you to stop loan payments if you lose your job. They also offer lower competitive rates than many personal loan providers of Boat Purchase loan products. If you want to make a boat purchase simple and stress-free, SoFi is a good Boat Purchase loan choice. You can finance up to $100,000 on the SoFi site.
Lending Tree does not provide direct loans for Boat Purchase funding. Rather, the company provides a listing of third-party lenders that provide personal financing for Boat Purchase customers. You can also buy a boat easily through Lending Tree, as the site does not require a perfect credit score. All types of credit ratings can be reviewed on the site. Use the site as your gauge in obtaining a loan that will best fit your budget profile and Boat Purchase loan requirements.
Best Egg is a lending source that makes it easy to get qualified for a Boat Purchase loan online. The lending provider offers personal loans for Boat Purchase customers at fixed APRs. Therefore, you can receive funding from Best Egg free of hassles or complications. Simply go onto the site and check their best rate for your Boat Purchase. The site will ask you the reason for the loan. In this case, you would answer “A Large Purchase.” Funding may range to $2,000 to $40,000.
Credible allows you to compare rates for multiple loans through one easy online application. The Credible platform is a good resource for Boat Purchase personal loans, making it attractive for anyone who wants to do one-stop shopping of Boat Purchase loan packages. Customer testimonials rank the provider high in customer service as well. Keep in mind that you will eventually be matched with a third-party lender, so you will need to carefully scrutinize lending. The site also offers a “best rate guarantee”. If you do not secure the best loan rate possible for your credit score, it will pay you $200, All bonus payments are by gift card.
Avant may be new in the online lending field. However, the loan provider is still a good choice for getting a Boat Purchase loan. You can access customer service on the Avant site 7 days per week and can forego any prepayment penalty for paying your Boat Purchase loan early. Loans can be obtained from $2,000 to $35,000, and you can receive the loan proceeds the next business day in your bank account. To sign up, provide your contact information and social security number. The loan agreement can be signed digitally online, making your boat purchase a bona fide dream come true.
Upstart represents a social lending platform that focuses on helping boating enthusiasts and others accomplish their financial goals easily and conveniently. The loan process is quick, and all several criteria are reviewed when deciding for approval. These criteria include the applicant’s credit score, job history, earnings, and education. The site describes how their loans work, thereby answering any questions customers may have about a Boat Purchase loan or similar type of funding. You can also receive financial education on the Upstart platform – good to know if you have not taken out a personal loan.