Compare Top Vacation Loans Providers
If you need to secure a loan for a Vacation, you can benefit by choosing personal loan companies that specialize in this type of lending product. A loan for Vacation will enable you to take that dream trip early or to get away from the chill of a cold and glacial winter’s day. You don’t have to worry about the winter blues when you can access a personal loan online – one specifically geared toward your next getaway.
Read Credible Review »
- Free-to-use marketplace with a choice of vetted lending partners.
- Borrowers are in control and can compare competitive loan options.
- No prepayment fees and origination fees as low as 0%
Credible Disclaimer: “Personal Loans Rate and Terms Disclosure: Rates for personal loans provided by lenders on the Credible platform range between 3.49-35.99% APR with terms from 24 to 84 months. Rates presented include lender discounts for enrolling in autopay and loyalty programs, where applicable. Actual rates may be different from the rates advertised and/or shown and will be based on the lender’s eligibility criteria, which include factors such as credit score, loan amount, loan term, credit usage and history, and vary based on loan purpose. The lowest rates available typically require excellent credit, and for some lenders, may be reserved for specific loan purposes and/or shorter loan terms. The origination fee charged by the lenders on our platform ranges from 0% to 8%. Each lender has their own qualification criteria with respect to their autopay and loyalty discounts (e.g., some lenders require the borrower to elect autopay prior to loan funding in order to qualify for the autopay discount). All rates are determined by the lender and must be agreed upon between the borrower and the borrower’s chosen lender. For a loan of $10,000 with a three year repayment period, an interest rate of 7.99%, a $350 origination fee and an APR of 11.51%, the borrower will receive $9,650 at the time of loan funding and will make 36 monthly payments of $313.32. Assuming all on-time payments, and full performance of all terms and conditions of the loan contract and any discount programs enrolled in included in the APR/interest rate throughout the life of the loan, the borrower will pay a total of $11,279.43. As of March 12, 2019, none of the lenders on our platform require a down payment nor do they charge any prepayment penalties.”
Read LightStream Review »
- Good credit gets low rates and zero fees
- Fast and easy online process
- $100 Loan Experience Guarantee¹
*Your loan terms, including APR, may differ based on loan purpose, amount, term length, and your credit profile. Lowest rates require excellent credit. Rateis quoted with AutoPay discount. AutoPay discount is only available prior to loan funding. Rates without AutoPay are 0.50% points higher. Subject to credit approval. Conditions and limitations apply. Advertised rates and terms are subject to change without notice. Payment example: Monthly payments for a $10,000 loan at 4.99% APR with a term of 3 years would result in 36 monthly payments of $299.66. 1After receiving your loan from us, if you are not completely satisfied with your experience, please contact us. We will email you a questionnaire so we can improve our services. When we receive your completed questionnaire, we will send you $100. Our guarantee expires 30 days after you receive your loan. We reserve the right to change or discontinue our guarantee at any time. Limited to one $100 payment per funded loan. Truist teammates do not qualify for the Loan Experience Guarantee. Truist Bank is an Equal Housing Lender. © 2021 Truist Financial Corporation. SunTrust, Truist, LightStream, the LightStream logo, and the SunTrust logo are service marks of Truist Financial Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Lending services provided by Truist Bank.
Read LendingTree Review »
- The nation’s largest online lending marketplace
- Over $260 billion in loans facilitated
- One short form for multiple loan options
LendingTree Disclaimer: A Personal Loan can offer funds relatively quickly once you qualify you could have your funds within a few days to a week. A loan can be fixed for a term and rate or variable with fluctuating amount due and rate assessed, be sure to speak with your loan officer about the actual term and rate you may qualify for based on your credit history and ability to repay the loan. A personal loan can assist in paying off high-interest rate balances with one fixed term payment, so it is important that you try to obtain a fixed term and rate if your goal is to reduce your debt. Some lenders may require that you have an account with them already and for a prescribed period of time in order to qualify for better rates on their personal loan products. Lenders may charge an origination fee generally around 1% of the amount sought. Be sure to ask about all fees, costs and terms associated with each loan product. Loan amounts of $1,000 up to $50,000 are available through participating lenders; however, your state, credit history, credit score, personal financial situation, and lender underwriting criteria can impact the amount, fees, terms and rates offered. Ask your loan officer for details. Rates and APR assume fixed rate for the term of the loan may not be available for all consumers, ask your lender for a fixed rate quote. Loan Example: A $10,000 loan with a 5-year term at 13% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) would be repayable in 60 monthly installments of $228 each. The actual payment amount and year-end balance will vary based on the APR, loan amount, and term selected. In this case the total amount expected to pay by the borrower will be $13,680 *This examples are for illustrative purposes only. The examples and match rates are not a guarantee, agreement, or commitment to loan funds or extend credit. Interest rates and terms are subject to change at any time without notice.
Read Marcus Review »
- No sign-up, prepayment fees, or late fees
- Flexible loan options
- Great customer service available
Marcus By Goldman Sachs Offer Terms and Conditions
Your loan terms are not guaranteed and are subject to our verification of your identity and credit information. To obtain a loan, you must submit additional documentation including an application that may affect your credit score. The availability of a loan offer and the terms of your actual offer will vary due to a number of factors, including your loan purpose and our evaluation of your creditworthiness. Rates will vary based on many factors, such as your creditworthiness (for example, credit score and credit history) and the length of your loan (for example, rates for 36 month loans are generally lower than rates for 72 month loans Your maximum loan amount may vary depending on your loan purpose, income and creditworthiness. Your verifiable income must support your ability to repay your loan. Marcus by Goldman Sachs is a brand of Goldman Sachs Bank USA and all loans are issued by Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Salt Lake City Branch. Applications are subject to additional terms and conditions. Loan example, a $15,000 loan at 12.99% APR with 48 on-time monthly payments of $402.33 would have an estimated total cost of $19,312.
Read Upstart Review »
- Great for students & recent grads with no credit history
- AI & machine learning automate the borrowing process
- A variety of personal loan types available for your needs
* Your loan amount will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will qualify for the full amount. The minimum loan amount in MA is $7,000. The minimum loan amount in Ohio is $6,000. The minimum loan amount in NM is $5,100. The minimum loan amount in GA is $3,100. ● This offer is conditioned on final approval based on our consideration and verification of financial and non-financial information. Rate and loan amount are subject to change based upon information received in your full application. This offer may be accepted only by the person identified in this offer, who is old enough to legally enter into contract for the extension of credit, a US citizen or permanent resident, and a current resident of the U.S. Duplicate offers received are void. Closing your loan is contingent on your meeting our eligibility requirements, our verification of your information, and your agreement to the terms and conditions on the www.upstart.com website. ● The full range of available rates varies by state. The average 3-year loan offered across all lenders using the Upstart platform will have an APR of 25.79% and 36 monthly payments of $37 per $1,000 borrowed. There is no down payment and no prepayment penalty. Average APR is calculated based on 3-year rates offered in the last 1 month. Your APR will be determined based on your credit, income, and certain other information provided in your loan application. Not all applicants will be approved. Loan example: A $6,000 loan with a 24.99% APR that is repayable in 60 monthly installments would have monthly payments of $176.07 to a total of $10,565.2
Read Bankrate Review »
- Borrowers can find a personal loan option that fits their exact needs
- Offers a comprehensive knowledge hub
- Simple to use online loan comparison tool
The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guarantee the accuracy or availability of any rates shown. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own website where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers’ terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.
Read Figure Review »
- Approval in minutes. Funding in as few as 2 days.
- Borrow up to $50k for emergency or unexpected purchases.
- 100% online application; 3 & 5-year term options.
- Low fixed rates available.
Figure disclaimer: Figure Personal Loan is available in all 50 states including Washington DC.
¹To check the rates and terms you qualify for, we will conduct a soft credit pull that will not affect your credit score. However, if you continue and submit an application, we will request your full credit report from one or more consumer reporting agencies, which is considered a hard credit pull and may affect your credit. Figure’s APRs start at 4.00% for the most qualified applicants and are higher for other applicants. Loan example, for a borrower with a CLTV of 45% and a credit score of 800, a five-year Figure Home Equity Line with an initial draw amount of $50,000 would have a fixed annual percentage rate (APR) of 5.75% and a 3.00% origination fee. Your total loan amount payment would be $51,500. Origination fees range from 0-5.75% of your initial draw depending on your credit score and the state in which your property is located. The advertised rate is available only to borrowers using primary residences as collateral. Your actual rate will depend on many factors such as your credit, combined loan to value ratio, loan term and occupancy status. * For Figure Home Equity Line, APRs can be as low as 3.00% for the most qualified applicants and will be higher for other applicants, depending on credit profile and the state where the property is located. For example, for a borrower with a CLTV of 45% and a credit score of 800 who is eligible for and chooses to pay a 5.75% origination fee in exchange for a reduced APR, a five-year Figure Home Equity Line with an initial draw amount of $50,000 would have a fixed annual percentage rate (APR) of 3.00%. The total loan amount would be $52,495. Alternatively, a borrower with the same credit profile who pays a 3% origination fee would have an APR of 4.00% and a total loan amount of $51,500. Your actual rate will depend on many factors such as your credit, combined loan to value ratio, loan term, occupancy status, and whether you are eligible for and choose to pay an origination fee in exchange for a lower rate. Payment of origination fees in exchange for a reduced APR is not available in all states. In addition to paying the origination fee in exchange for a reduced rate, the advertised rates include a combined discount of 0.50% for opting into a credit union membership (0.25%) and enrolling in autopay (0.25%). APRs for home equity lines of credit do not include costs other than interest. Property insurance is required as a condition of the loan and flood insurance may be required if your property is located in a flood zone.
Read SoFi Review »
- Competitive rates available for good credit scores and income source
- Access to financial advisors, private networking events, & unemployment protection
- Flexible terms & payment options with no fees whatsoever
Fixed rates from 6.99% APR to 22.23% APR APR reflect the 0.25% autopay discount and a 0.25% direct deposit discount. SoFi rate ranges are current as of 1/18/22 and are subject to change without notice. Not all rates and amounts available in all states. See Personal Loan eligibility details. Not all applicants qualify for the lowest rate. Lowest rates reserved for the most creditworthy borrowers. Your actual rate will be within the range of rates listed above and will depend on a variety of factors, including evaluation of your credit worthiness, income, and other factors. See APR examples and terms. The SoFi 0.25% AutoPay interest rate reduction requires you to agree to make monthly principal and interest payments by an automatic monthly deduction from a savings or checking account. The benefit will discontinue and be lost for periods in which you do not pay by automatic deduction from a savings or checking account.
What Is a Vacation Loan?
A Vacation loan is a loan you can take out to fund a dream trip or holiday. You can use a Vacation loan to increase your opportunity for travel and to experience new and exciting adventures:
- European cities, such as Rome, London, and Paris
- African destinations, such as Nairobi, Kenya, and South Africa
- Australian getaways, including Sydney and Brisbane
- U.S. cities, such as Los Angeles, Denver, Las Vegas, and New York
Use a Vacation loan to pay for airfare, a cruise, or travel packages. The money can go toward a rental car, accommodations, and food. You can also use the money to enjoy certain sites and attractions. Before you take out the loan, you just need to know how much you will need for your trip.
How To Finance a Vacation?
To apply for a personal loan for a vacation, you will need to take the following steps.
- Check Your Credit Score. When you apply for any type of personal loan online, you need to review your credit score first through the 3 credit bureaus. Because your loan is primarily based on your credit score, knowing the score will determine what APR you will be charged.
- Select Your Loan Type. Some companies specialize in Vacation loan funding, so it is better to go through them if you want the best rates for this loan type.
- Get Prequalified for Vacation Loan Financing. When you choose several lending providers you like, you will need to get prequalified for your Vacation loan next. Doing so will give you the repayment details and terms for your Vacation personal loan. If you agree to shorter loan terms, you can also get a lower fixed APR.
- Compare the Lenders. After you have had a chance to get prequalified through different funders, you can review their loan terms and APRs, and see which one fits best with your lending or personal finance requirements. For a Vacation personal loan, go with a lender that offers the lowest APR and features the lowest fees over the term of the loan.
- Supply the Necessary Info and Documents. When you choose a lender, you will need to provide the required loan paperwork and information for Vacation loan funding. In this case, you need to supply the following details and documents:
- Personal Identification (Social security card, passport, or driver’s license)
- Proof of earnings or income (W-2s, paystubs, or filed tax returns)
- Employer information (Name of company, manager’s name, and phone number and address)
- Proof of residence (utility bill with your name and address or a lease agreement)
- Apply for the Loan and Start Making Payments. After you apply for a loan and start making payments, you might add some extra money to your payment each month to repay the loan faster. Doing so will make the loan repayment smoother and easier.
READ MORE: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE FOR VACATION LOANS
All You Need to Know
To take out a Vacation personal loan, you should be aware of the following terms:
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) – The rate of interest charged on a Vacation personal loan, expressed at an annual rate.
- Application Fee – The amount a lender charges for processing a Vacation loan application and the related documents. These fees are usually non-refundable and may or may not be included in processing a personal Vacation loan.
- Debt-to-Available Credit Ratio – When considering you for a Vacation personal loan, a lender may look at your debt-to-available credit details. This represents the money you owe compared to the credit available through credit lines and credit cards. Therefore, the debt-to-available credit ratio shows how much available credit you are using. The higher this percentage, the riskier you appear to a lender.
- Debt-to-Income Ratio – The percent of your monthly pre-tax income that is being used to pay off debts, such as auto loans, credit cards, and student loans. Lenders assess 2 key ratios. The first ratio is a front-end ratio or the percent of monthly pretax earnings spent on your house payment. The second percent is a back-end ratio or the other debts that are factored into the house payments.
- Late fee – A fee charged to customers who take out a Vacation loan who pay a payment late or pay less than the required monthly amount.
- Late Payment – A delinquent payment or a failure to pay on a personal vacation loan before the agreed due date. A late payment can hurt your credit score for as long as 7 years.
- Vacation Loan Lender – The financial institution that provides a vacation loan for paying for a trip, planned tour, or group trip.
- Net Income – Your income after taxes have been deducted. It is also called your take-home pay. This is the amount considered by a lender when assessing your ability to repay a loan amount.
- Prepayment Penalty – A fee charged by a lender when a borrower pays off a loan before its scheduled term. Usually, prepayment penalties are not applied by standard lenders. If you are taking out a subprime vacation loan, you need to read the loan terms carefully, as this fee may be applied.
- Principal – The amount of money owed on a loan, excluding the charged interest or APR.
- Risk Score – Another name for a credit score.
- Subprime Borrower – Some people who request funding for a vacation loan may be subprime borrowers. A subprime borrower usually has a poor credit score because of late payments or collection accounts. Lenders evaluate and grade subprime borrowers on the degree of past collection problems – A to D, or lower. Subprime borrowers can qualify for a vacation but at a higher interest rate.
- Utilization Ratio – A ratio that shows a lender how much available credit you are using.
- Unsecured Loan – Most vacation loans online are not collateralized. Therefore, they are not secured with a form of collateral, such as a house or car. The lender assesses the borrower’s ability to pay primarily on their credit score.