CYA offers one of the most flexible home warranty coverages available in the US today. Customers have the option to cover individual electronic items, whole home systems and appliances, and everything in between. CYA has a large number of contractors available thanks to its factory-authorized service network, which ensures that the work undertaken will be of the highest quality.
- Pool and Spa
- Well Pump
- Septic System
$250 off + 2 free months + FREE roof/leak coverage
Plans & Pricing
Cover Your assets plans:
CYA offers 8 different home warranty coverage bundles:
- Appliances: The appliances bundle covers 10 major appliances that you choose to include within the coverage. This bundle costs $49.99 per month and incurs a service charge of $125 per call out.
- Systems: The systems bundle covers 11 items – Air conditioning with ductwork, heating with ductwork, electrical, doorbells, smoke detectors, ceiling fans, plumbing, water heaters, garbage disposal, instant water dispenser, and central vacuums. This bundle costs $54.99 per month and also incurs a service charge of $125.
- Whole Home: This combines the coverage offered by the Appliances and Systems bundles for the reduced rate of $79.99.
- Lifestyle: The Lifestyle bundle is the most expensive coverage option from CYA. This includes 26 items, including 10 specified household appliances of your choosing, 5 TVs, 5 cell phones, 3 computers, and 3 electronic items. The Lifestyle bundle costs $110.74 a month, with call-outs for major appliances and TVs costing $149 and other items costing $89 for a service call.
- Platinum: The Platinum bundle is similar to the lifestyle bundle, offering 18 items, including 8 appliances, 4 TVs, 4 cell phones, 1 computer, and 1 electronic item. This package costs $80.82 a month, with service charges the same as the Platinum Coverage.
- Gold: This versatile entry range option covers 6 appliances, 2 TVs, 3 cell phones, 1 computer, and 1 electronic item. The cost is $58.87 a month with the same service fees and the Platinum and Gold packages.
- Kitchen: This no-frills package covers 5 kitchen appliances of your choosing for $27.95 a month. Each service call-out will cost $149.
- Laundry: The Laundry bundle covers your clothes washer and clothes dryer for $12.98 a month and has a $149 service charge if a contractor is called out.
In addition to the bundles, the following individual items are available for coverage. Service fees charged vary by item from $89 to $180, so check this before you purchase the coverage. All prices listed below represent the monthly fee payable. There is a discount available if multiple individual items are added for coverage.
- Major household appliance – $6.99
- Furniture – $3.99
- Smartphone – $6.99
- Tablet – $4.99
- Television – $6.99
- Computer – $5.99
- Smartwatch – $2.99
- Exercise equipment – $9.99
- Patio furniture – $4.99
- Video game system – $4.99
- Electronics – $2.99
- Camera – $6.99
- Drone – $8.99
- Camera lens – $6.99
- Commercial appliance – $9.99
- eBike – $8.99
Basic pricing is very transparent on the CYA website, but service fees/deductibles vary per coverage item and cannot be viewed until the desired package has been selected.
Each item can be covered monthly or annually, with a discount available if you purchase annual coverage. A home inspection is not required to take out coverage with CYA.
Service fees, or deductibles, are charged before a contractor is sent to visit your home. Unlike the coverage pricing, service fees charged are not readily available on the CYA website. Service fees charged range from $89 to $180, which is more expensive than the industry average of $75-$100.
Payout caps vary depending on the item that is covered. Payout caps range from $2,500 for major systems, $2,000 for major appliances, and $1,500 for well pumps. Full terms and payout caps will be listed in your contract when you take out coverage with CYA, so inspect this carefully before you complete your order.
Cover Your Assets (CYA) : How to Get Started
Buying a home warranty with CYA was as easy as possible, with the process taking less than 5 minutes from start to finish. After visiting the CYA homepage, we selected “Get a Quote” to start. We then chose between coverage for individual items or bundles. We selected the Gold coverage plan so that we could cover some electronic items as well as major household appliances.
Note that any items that break within the first 30 days of taking out the coverage are not included within the coverage purchased, as they are deemed pre-existing. While the process was straightforward, the monthly charge and service fees were less competitive than other home warranty providers.
- Available in all states