- Term Life Insurance
- Toys/Investment Property/Condo
Branch Home Insurance Review
Branch offers home insurance plans that can easily be bundled with other types of insurance, such as auto or renter’s insurance. The home insurance policy provides coverage in many areas, including dwelling, personal property and liability, and medical expenses.
The application process is straightforward but involved. This allows the company to offer you a customized policy instead of a general quote or estimate. Branch also provides certain discounts during the application process.
Under the banner Branch Insurance Exchange, Branch is licensed to provide insurance policies in many states. If you don’t live in one of these states but still want insurance, you can do so through either General Security National Insurance Company or Everspan Insurance Company.
Branch Home Insurance Highlights
Depends on property type
Pros & Cons
- More exact monthly rate for homeowners’ insurance after completing the online application (not just an estimate)
- Good customer support and fast response times
- Option to bundle insurance policies and receive discounts
- Convenient mobile app for managing insurance plans
- Details about the insurance terms are hard to find until after filling out an application
- Very involved and lengthy application process
- Home insurance policies are limited in terms of dwelling type
- Homeowner’s Insurance
- Umbrella Plan
- Renter’s Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Through ADT’s monitoring services (ex. motion sensors, door sensors, and smoke detectors), Branch offers an 8% discount on all insurance types (home, umbrella, and auto).
- More discounts may be available based on the home devices used (ex. smart home devices and/or security). For example, if you buy home insurance and protect the property with a SimpliSafe home security system, you could get up to 15.5% off.
- Up to 18% discount if your home is monitored by a security system (Connected Home Discount).
- Up to 3% discount when you use Branch’s mobile app for images and other information (Inventory discount).
- Save $61.61 when you go paperless.
- Discounts vary by state.
Policy contracts are considered “Named Peril,” meaning only disasters named in the policy are covered. This depends on the state. Certain common exclusions include floods and fire.
Branch’s home insurance plans come with no service fees or penalties for the home type.
How to Buy a Home Insurance Policy Through Branch
The application process is fully online, though there is a customer support team available to help if you have any questions or concerns. To get a policy, complete the following steps:
- Provide your first and last name, as well as the property address
- Choose the policy you need – ex. Home only or home & auto
- Provide your birthdate and current address
- Indicate whether you also have auto insurance (and if you’ve had it within the past 31 days)
- Provide home details (ex. number of residents, roof shape, fireplace count, construction type, basement type, purchase date, home type)
- Input personal details (ex. education level and marital status)
- Provide information about a co-applicant (if any)
- Indicate any add-ons you’d like, as well as the covered amounts
- Review the information and correct any errors
- Specify the start date and payment method
- Add any additional information (ex. mortgage lender details and billing information)
- Receive the policy amount and proceed to payment
Coverage begins on the specified start date.
- Online application Yes
- Credit card payments Yes. You can also pay as a bank withdrawal or pay with escrow/mortgage
- Policy Delivery Method Online or by mail
- Online Policy Management Yes – via the app
Not Available - Alaska, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Washington.
Privacy & Security
Like many online insurance agencies, Branch does collect certain user data. This includes basic contact information and credit details. It may also include information about your home or vehicle, as well as your driving habits. Branch uses these data to improve customer experience and the products they offer. They may also share information with similar vendors, customer service representatives, or data security specialists.
Besides this, Branch adheres to standard privacy and security practices common in the industry. This includes an encrypted online application and a secure online connection when using their website.
Branch has a chat messaging system – “Chat with us” – located at the top of their main page. This system is very responsive, only taking about two minutes to get a response from a real person.
They also have a phone number for those who need to speak with a representative. As with the live chat, this option is convenient and has a fast response time.
On Trustpilot, Branch has 4.8 out of 5 stars and 2,126 customer reviews. The majority of reviews indicate a great experience with customer service.
Branch is a licensed insurance company focused on making modern insurance more communal and affordable. Unlike many agencies, Branch tries to provide an exact policy instead of a generalized quote to give people a better idea of their options. The company has a good customer support team that’s both friendly and knowledgeable. They’re still relatively new to the industry though, and as such have somewhat limited options compared to their competitors.
Liability of Branch
THE SITE, THE SITE CONTENT, AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. NEITHER BRANCH NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH BRANCH MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER BRANCH NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH BRANCH WARRANTS OR REPRESENTS THAT THE SITE, THE SITE CONTENT, OR THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER OR SERVICE THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIREUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXEPECTATIONS.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BRANCH SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. ALL INFORMATION OR CONTENT ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE IS ACCESSED AT THE USER’S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES. AS A RESULT, SOME OF THE EXCLUSIONS ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL BRANCH BE LIABLE FOR (I) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS REPUTATION, OR INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF BUSINESS), (II) INACCURACIES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED, (III) RELIANCE BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR (IV) ANY DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR LOGIN AND/OR PASSWORD SECURE.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Branch’s entire liability to you under these Terms and Conditions shall be to refund to you fees paid by you to Branch hereunder for the access to and use of the Site in the twelve (12) month period prior to the date of the claim, and in no event will Branch’s liability for any reason exceed such fees.
Branch (and its officers, directors, employees and agents) shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from your use of the Site or the Content, and you shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Branch (and Branch’s officers, directors, employees and agents) from and against any and all costs, damages or losses by any of them (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) as a result of a claim by any person other you arising from your use of the Site or the Content. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of liability for certain damages. As a result, some of the exclusions above may not apply to you.